An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Administration professional to join the operations team at the Newcastle Airport. This is a newly created role which has come about due to growth and will be offered on a full-time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant (to the CEO), you will be a confident all-round administrator who is looking for a long term career within an exciting and progressive organisation. You will be stepping into a varied position where no two days are the same, and the successful applicant will demonstrate a flexible and proactive attitude.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Answering all incoming calls, responding to customer enquiries
- Greeting any visitors and receiving parcels from courier
- Managing the general email inbox
- Setting up meeting rooms, maintaining a clean and tidy work environment
- Preparing documents, reports and presentations at a high degree of professionalism and accuracy
- Assisting with processing purchase orders and invoices
- Supporting the various departments with a diverse range of administration tasks (this could include assisting accounts, HR, property or commercial teams)
Essentially you’ll have:
- A minimum 12 months experience working in an office administration based position
- Qualifications in business administration an advantage
- Excellent communication – both written and verbal – able to prepare reports and provide the highest level customer service
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- An empathetic nature, with a positive, flexible and proactive attitude
- High attention to detail, strong problem solving skills and an organised approach
- Alignment with Newcastle Airport values; Trust, Engaged, Committed, Accountable & Results Driven
What’s in it for me?
- Join a highly reputable organisation in a sought after position
- Gain access to the Corporate fitness program and health and wellbeing initiatives – Newcastle Airport is a proud Ambassador of SafeWork NSW Mentally Healthy Workplaces initiative
- Enjoy an annual picnic day, 15 days personal/carer’s leave per year plus paid parental leave
- Great culture built on solid organisational values
- Step into a newly created role and make it your own, becoming a key member of the team
- Join a fun, positive, supportive and collaborative team environment who have built a strong culture of inclusion
- Be part of Newcastle Airport at this exciting growth time
- Convenient location for people commuting from Port Stephens, Maitland and Newcastle – with parking available on site
About the Newcastle Airport:
The second busiest airport in the state, Newcastle Airport is jointly owned by the City of Newcastle and Port Stephens Council and plays a central role in the region continuing to flourish and achieve its full potential.
On Friday 6th May 2021, The Prime Minister of Australia, The Hon. Scott Morrison announced an investment of $66 million into upgrading Newcastle Airport’s runway, to help connect the rest of the world to the people and businesses of the Hunter, Central Coast and Northern NSW.
In May 2020, the NSW Government named Williamtown as the location for a new Special Activation Precinct (SAP), adjacent to the Airport and RAAF Base Williamtown, known as Astra Aerolab. This is set to ultimately deliver 5,500 new jobs and global connectivity, providing access to world-leading education and learning, remarkable spaces and experiences.
With these two exciting developments underway, this is an exciting time to join Newcastle Airport and be part of this growth.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then apply here.
If you have any enquiries outside the information presented above, please feel free to reach out to Nicola McKenzie on 0447 313 525.