Newcastle NSW is one of the top regional locations for professionals seeking a balance between a challenging career and an idyllic lifestyle. Known for its bustling café and beach culture, the city is on the doorstep of Port Stephens and the world-famous Hunter Valley wine region.
The second busiest airport in the state, Newcastle Airport is jointly owned by the City of Newcastle and Port Stephens Council, it is Australia’s largest airport to remain in public ownership, with all distributions returned to the communities which it serves. With a steadfast vision to be the airport the region deserves; Newcastle Airport plays a central role in the region continuing to flourish and achieve its full potential.
In May 2022, Newcastle Airport was awarded $55M in funding for the development of the international terminal, making international travel easier for our community and generating $12.7 billion for our region’s economy over the next 20 years.
Reporting into the Executive Manager Property and Commercial, this position will focus on driving ground transport usage, revenue, yield and the introduction of additional technology platforms to enhance the customer experience.
Success in this role will be measured on your ability to manage the ground transport growth, which includes, car parking, car rental concession operations, rideshare, taxis, busses, and associated facilities.
This specialist position has the primary responsibility for Newcastle Airport’s growing ground transport business, whilst ensuring positive and productive customer and tenant relationships are maintained, and contractual arrangements are satisfied, along with development, analysis, and revenue optimisation.
Your key accountabilities and responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement, and manage car parking business yields including optimising the appropriate mix of parking pricing, capacity, utilisation, propensity to park and additional parking trends.
- Develop and implement car parking, car rental, ground transport and ground access facilities demand, supply, and staging delivery strategies.
- Establish and lead the customer philosophy for car parking including the development of customer contact strategies and online booking system arrangements.
- Develop and implement car rental concession business arrangements and manage the interface and co-ordination of facilities with Operators.
- Investigate, develop, and implement new car parking products and services.
- Develop, implement and monitor financial reporting systems, car parking, car rental and ground transport equipment facilities, safety and government regulation requirements as well as safety and government regulation requirements.
- Manage and develop the relationships with all ground transport services to effectively coordinate the administration of the airport’s ground transport portfolio.
To be successful within this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in a ground transport management role preferably within the aviation sector, shopping centre, car parking car rental, or transport environment.
- Demonstrated experience with On-line booking systems for car parks, airlines, hotels, or travel industry.
- Extensive experience and knowledge with car parking systems (i.e. Skidata) or similar systems.
- Experience with promoting car parking business or similar business models.
- Experience in preparing and presenting Board, Strategy and Management Papers and reports combined with associated financial business case requirements.
Working as part of the Newcastle Airport team, you will enjoy a friendly, flexible, and supportive environment, within a highly reputable, award-winning organisation. In addition, you will have access to a range of benefits, such as flexible work practices, paid parental leave, additional personal / carers leave, corporate fitness program and health and wellbeing initiatives. Newcastle Airport is also a proud Ambassador for Mentally Healthy Workplaces through SafeWork NSW.
To be considered for this position, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 plus recommended booster vaccinations, which is an ongoing condition of employment.
How to apply
To learn more about key responsibilities and the company culture at Newcastle Airport, please contact Simon Rutten on 0447 718 446 for a confidential discussion.