Newcastle NSW is one of the top regional locations for professionals seeking a balance between a challenging career and an idyllic lifestyle. Known for its bustling café and beach culture, the city is on the doorstep of Port Stephens and the world-famous Hunter Valley wine region.
The second busiest airport in the state, Newcastle Airport is jointly owned by the City of Newcastle and Port Stephens Council, and it is Australia’s largest airport remaining in public ownership, with all distributions returned to the communities which it serves. With a steadfast vision to be the airport the region deserves; Newcastle Airport plays a central role in the region continuing to flourish and achieve its full potential.
In May 2022, Newcastle Airport was awarded $55M in funding for the development of the international terminal, making international travel easier for our community and generating $12.7 billion for our region’s economy over the next 20years.
In this position of Contracts Administrator, you will provide a high level of contract and procurement administrative support to the Planning & Infrastructure team.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, your key accountabilities and responsibilities will include:
- Assistance with tender submissions and preparation
- Managing head/ subcontract administration requirements, including progress and variation claims
- Assisting with month end financial reporting and forecasts
- Management of document control
- Processing invoices and any request for information
Ideally you will have the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge in a project-based environment, ideally in Construction
- Advanced MS office Skills, particularly Excel
- Ideally knowledge and experience with Aconnex
- Familiarity with project financial control software and GC21 documentation
- Excellent financial and procurement skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Alignment with Newcastle Airport values; Trust, Engaged, Committed, Accountable & Results Driven
Working as part of the Newcastle Airport team, you will enjoy a friendly, flexible, and supportive environment, within a highly reputable, award-winning organisation. In addition, you will have access to a range of benefits, such as flexible work practices, paid parental leave, additional personal / carers leave, corporate fitness program and health and wellbeing initiatives. Newcastle Airport is also a proud Ambassador for Mentally Healthy Workplaces through SafeWork NSW.
If this sounds like your next career move, please apply here with your current resume, or contact Mel Evans for a confidential discussion on 0416 129 042.