The second busiest airport in the state, Newcastle Airport is jointly owned by the City of Newcastle and Port Stephens Council, and it is Australia’s largest airport remaining in public ownership, with all distributions returned to the communities which it serves. With a steadfast vision to be the airport the region deserves; Newcastle Airport plays a central role in the region continuing to flourish and achieve its full potential.
On Friday 6th May 2021, The Prime Minster of Australia, The Hon. Scott Morrison announced an investment of $66 million into upgrading Newcastle Airport to Code E status. This will allow wide-bodied, long-haul aircraft to fly in and out of Williamtown, connecting the rest of the world to the people and businesses of the Hunter, Central Coast and Northern NSW.
In May 2020, the NSW Government named Williamtown as the location for a new Special Activation Precinct (SAP), recognising its significance and importance to the region as a key economic driver. At the heart of the SAP, adjacent to the Airport and RAAF Base Williamtown lies Astra Aerolab, a globally significant Defence and Aerospace precinct being developed by Newcastle Airport. To date it has secured significant investment and support from all levels of government and is set to ultimately deliver 5,500 new jobs and global connectivity, providing access to world-leading education and learning, remarkable spaces and experiences.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an HR Coordinator to support the HR & Organisational Development Manager in this pivotal role. This is a positive and collaborative HR environment that partners and supports across all levels of the organisation.
With a focus on proactive HR strategies, the key focus of this role will encompass the following:
- High level HR administrative support including contract preparation, drafting HR documents and updating and maintaining employee records
- Coordination of training and maintaining the learning management system, ensuring all records are current
- Onboarding new employees, including coordination of new starter material, inductions and the probation review process
- Offboarding employees and supporting the departure process
- End-to-end recruitment support, including liaising with external agencies, candidate management, coordinating and attending interviews and arranging probity checks, and coordinating approvals
- Preparing and updating HR content on Intranet
- Supporting the performance management and review process, to help drive a high performance culture
- Leading as a culture champion, consistently demonstrating our values of trust, engaged, committed, accountable and results driven
- You will be an active member and secretary of the Culture Committee (internal staff consultative group), including preparing agenda and minutes for monthly meetings
- Coordinating the employee rewards and recognition program, health and wellbeing program and a variety of other initiatives.
- Working alongside the HR & OD Manager to deliver HR strategic objectives and provide HR advice to the business
Ideally you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in HR (degree or diploma)
- A minimum of 12 months experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships at all levels
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Positive, proactive and results driven approach
- Demonstrated alignment with NAPL’s core values and behaviours
- Ability to manage multiple and often competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to safeguard and maintain confidential information;
- The ability to work collaboratively, as well as autonomously with minimal supervision
- Advanced MS Office skills – particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and creativity in your approach
- Work with a positive, proactive HR Manager and be an integral member of the team
- Gain experience and professional development support in a true generalist role
- Be part of cohesive, engaging environment with access to Senior Leadership
- The opportunity to generate ideas, use initiative and make this role your own
- Be part of this exciting, regional growth story
- Corporate fitness program, health and wellbeing initiatives, additional paid leave (parental leave, picnic day and an extra week of personal/carer’s leave)
- Join a fun, collaborative, flexible and supportive team environment
This recruitment is through Monica Clare Recruitment. View the job vacancy here.