The second busiest airport in the state, Newcastle Airport is jointly owned by the City of Newcastle and Port Stephens Council and plays a central role in the region continuing to flourish and achieve its full potential.
On Friday 6th May 2021, The Prime Minister of Australia, The Hon. Scott Morrison announced an investment of $66 million into upgrading Newcastle Airport’s runway, to help connect the rest of the world to the people and businesses of the Hunter, Central Coast and Northern NSW.
In May 2020, the NSW Government named Williamtown as the location for a new Special Activation Precinct (SAP), adjacent to the Airport and RAAF Base Williamtown, known as Astra Aerolab. This is set to ultimately deliver 5,500 new jobs and global connectivity, providing access to world-leading education and learning, remarkable spaces and experiences.
With these two exciting developments underway, this is an exciting time to join Newcastle Airport and be part of this growth.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Payroll Officer to join the finance team and take responsibility for processing of payroll for all employees.
Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Prepare, process, and reconcile all payroll related transactions including adjustments deductions and payments
- Prepare and process payroll on a fortnightly basis including processing leave and setting up new starters
- Calculation of PAYG liability
- Calculate any salary variations or adjustments and terminations payments
- Coordinate annual roll over of payroll and payroll audits
- Monthly payroll reporting
- Ensure ATO and legislation compliance including PAYG taxation, super and knowledge of Single Touch Payroll
- Work collaboratively with HR regarding employment condition
The successful candidate
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a medium sized organisation, preferably in a stand-alone role
- Experience using payroll software, preferably Attaché
- Experience in report preparation
- Be highly organised and have an excellent attention to detail
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Access to the Corporate fitness program and health and wellbeing initiatives,
- Annual picnic day, paid parental leave and up to 5 days additional personal/carer’s leave
- Flexible work options available
- Join a fun, positive, and collaborative team
- Be part of Newcastle Airport at this exciting growth time
- Newcastle Airport is a proud Ambassador of SafeWork NSW Mentally Healthy Workplaces initiative
This recruitment is through Monica Clare Recruitment. View the job vacancy here.
For further information on this exciting role contact Deanna Saffioti on 0455 045 988.