About Newcastle Airport
Newcastle Airport is about to enter the most exciting period of its 70-year history as it grows further in size, aspiration and influence.
There’s never been a better time to join one of the region’s most dynamic teams that is making a difference! Guided by its deeply held purpose of ‘being the airport the region deserves’, the organisation has emerged a stronger, bolder, and more ambitious business than before the global pandemic.
In the last year, the airport has secured $60M in Federal funding for an upgraded international airfield, it has connected to 6 new destinations, including Cairns and Adelaide, with Singapore now in sight. It has expanded its world class Defence and Aerospace precinct, brought forward major works on its 2036 Masterplan and was recently named 2021 Major Airport of the Year.
The airport’s sights are set, not on the next six months of recovery, but on its ability to generate billions of dollars in economic activity and thousands of jobs over the next two decades.
About the opportunity
The newly created role of Senior Data Analyst will develop and implement data collection and analysis techniques to inform strategic decision-making within Newcastle Airport. The inaugural Analyst will bring their expertise to analyze complex data from multiple sources to identify new information and insights. The data will play an integral role in future strategic business planning, digital marketing campaigns, continuous improvement and performance outcomes.
Newcastle Airport is a vibrant, fun and friendly workplace. As an employer of choice, they provide an array of additional benefits including professional and personal development opportunities, flexible working arrangements, additional paid leave, corporate fitness program, regular health and wellbeing initiatives and social club activities.
The Senior Data Analyst position is best suited to a professional who enjoys working with diverse stakeholders across an organisation, loves getting involved in the business and is naturally curious.
Additional attributes we are seeking include:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in data analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and application of analytical techniques and ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of data with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision and as a team member to achieve set priorities within timeframes.
- Demonstrated experience in developing data visualisation tools.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and complete complex projects and work programs within prescribed deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience in delivering and presenting data analytic reports.
- Experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (desirable).
How to apply
To learn more about key responsibilities, company culture and associated benefits of this opportunity, please contact Ali Kimmorley today on 0249 272006 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close date: Tuesday 14th December 2021.
Interviews will commence prior to Christmas.
At peoplefusion we don’t just accept diversity and inclusion —we celebrate it! We strive to create an environment of equal opportunity regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, religion or physical ability, and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. If you require any assistance with your application please don’t hesitate to contact us.