On 22 March 2018 we released the 2036 Newcastle Airport Vision, a master plan outlining our expansion plans and proposed developments to deliver the airport the region deserves.
Supported by the NSW Government and developed in consultation with local, state and federal government stakeholders as well as our community, the master plan provides a clear direction and capitalises on the role of the airport in stimulating economic and social prosperity.
Already a great place to live and work, our region is an economic powerhouse for the nation and is developing into an increasingly important global tourism destination. As a major gateway into Northern NSW, we see our role as central to the region continuing to flourish and achieving its full potential. At a minimum, our airport is expected to generate more than 3,000 additional jobs and double its passenger numbers by 2036. If we are successful in acquiring a Code E runway, total jobs generated would likely exceed 7000 and passenger numbers would triple.
Our master plan describes the airfield, terminal, landside, ground transport and aviation support facilities needed to cater for these increased numbers, which includes:
- terminal transformation to offer facilities expanded over two levels
- additional food, beverage and retail businesses
- international services implemented into the facilities
- aero-bridges from the upper level
- major modifications to integrate ground transport and road access
- creation of a pedestrian plaza
- additional car parking areas and offerings
- creation of a ‘campus’ style business precinct.
Learn more about the 2036 Newcastle Airport vision.