Wednesday, 18 March 2020
Protecting the health of our staff, customers, tenants and contractors is the number one priority of Newcastle Airport.
The immediate context within which we are working is that the Federal Government has placed restrictions on international passengers. Airlines have also announced significant cuts to services for both international and domestic travel.
We are unaware at this time exactly how these changes will impact Newcastle Airport and its domestic services, however we are monitoring this situation carefully and will provide updates as they come to hand.
We strongly encourage all passengers to continue to check with their airline for the most up to date flight information.
Newcastle Airport has increased precautions and implemented initiatives throughout our terminal to help protect the health and safety of those who use our facility.
These actions include:
- Providing additional cleaning services throughout the terminal and airport precinct. This includes more disinfectant wipe downs of surfaces, and key touch points
- Greater frequency of signage informing customers of appropriate hygiene practices, and instructions on action to take if feeling unwell
- Additional hand sanitiser and wipes have been placed throughout the terminal, including check in, departures and arrivals halls
- Ensuring all Newcastle Airport staff are aware of the latest Federal and NSW Government advice in relation to COVID-19
- Working closely with all businesses within the airport to continue delivery of
services to our region
Newcastle Airport will continue to share relevant updates via our social media channels and website as they become available.
Passengers can help reduce the risk of COVID-19 through practicing healthy hygiene and social distancing. We remind anyone travelling to or from the airport to follow the guidelines provided by the Federal and NSW Government.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the bathroom
- Cover all coughs and sneezes into crook of arms, use and dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- Exercise social distancing measures, including avoiding handshaking or kissing and maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres or more from others.